Sunday 17 February 2008

Laptop Back, More Food and Nasty Knee

Back again. Dorothy has brought back my computer with a new hard drive. I seem to have a problem as I can't edit these posts - the little pencil thingy has disappeared.

Anyway, Romy and I did a 'dry run' dinner last night. All was OK though we overcatered a bit and I have discovered a new quick wash on my dishwasher which means we can rush things out and dishwash everything between courses so that at the end there is not much left to do. As I would be having an overnight house guest, leaving the flat clean and tidy before going to bed would be extremely important, as would not becoming paralytic and therefore totally hung over in the morning, since this would all be going out on film. After last night, I am not sure how keen Romy will be to do the programme anyway, though people did seem to enjoy themselves.

I am having my hair highlighted tomorrow finally, rather overdue as the colour is becoming very dingy.

I spent Friday hanging around the hospital having my left knee x-rayed, since I have been having problems walking and there is quite a lot of pain.This had come on overnight some weeks ago and had become worse since. I was told it was probably 'wear and tear' though I had thought this was a gradual process over years rather than a sudden process overnight, worsening day by day. I may get a referral to an orthopaedic surgeon as I feel there is a definite mechanical problem in the knee or the tendons behind the knee, or both. Perhaps it will get better and will just take some months rather than weeks. We shall see. Meanwhile I shall do most of my shopping on the internet and limit my walking about, which makes the pain worse. The amaryllis is also on its last legs.

No comments: