Sunday 17 February 2008

Huge Trifle, Hairdo and Chosen People

I wonder if 'laptop back' is a real condition? Hunched as I am over mine, this would seem a possibility.

In a mood of experimentation last night, I not only tried some pickled cloves of garlic bought from the Turkish shop, which were very pleasant and crunchy, but possibly only for eating at night when not expecting company, but also made a Nigella trifle involving blackberries, limoncello and mascarpone. I am keeping it to ripen in the fridge and will eat a bit today. There is so much of it I shall probably throw the rest away unless a starving person turns up at my door soon.

Just received an email from friends who are trying the new Delia cookbook, which advocates the use of tins etc. All reminds me a bit of my Fanny Farmer American cookbook which is full of such recipes, some quite successful.

Oh dear, have been chosen for the telly programme. Had a call just before having my hair done. Bought some fab Jo Malone Red Rose cologne and some v. nice candle perfume. Also popped into Evans and managed to find some tops.

We are being recorded next Monday it would seem. At least we will get the worst bit over and done with first. Eeeek!

No comments: