Monday 4 February 2008

Good Evening, Nasty Parts and Work To Do

It's Monday again. I had a very quiet Sunday, just collected the papers, had a coffee in the Lye Torng and read them for a bit. It was a really cold day so I went home. I had suspected my rumtopf had been leaking, well oozing, slightly at the bottom so bought another container and decanted it. Because of the size and shape of the container this has left me with a couple of jam jars of fruity rum with a little fruit in it which I shall somehow have to strain into a bottle. I shall be forced to eat the fruit, but the drink will make a very pleasant liqueur.

Dorothy and Julian came around bearing wine and food. Dorothy put my cupboard together which looks excellent in the hall and we proceeded to consume red wine, a huge tin of bloc foie gras, lots of jamon, amazing huge green olives stuffed with almonds, some fabulous cheese etc.all followed by large slices of pandoro.

It seems that they had a good meal at La Cave. They went to a trendy party on Saturday night which turned out to be fairly awful, with young upper class types dressed for some reason in restoration costumes with white faces, black spots, wigs and costumes, behaving like idiots - Dorothy expected Harry to turn up in Nazi uniform at any moment. Things did not improve with the appearance of two old men dressed in harnesses and very little else, exposing their entire elderly front bums. Dorothy explained that the place was very crowded, which meant that these 'parts' would brush against all the passers-by and became difficult to avoid. Not a pleasant experience I imagine.

Unexpectedly I am feeling rather more positive about my dull existence.

The amaryllis is definitely white, with a small bud at the base and two white flowers unfolding at the top. I shall snap them when they are properly open.

Today I shall take some things to the dry cleaners, do some more washing, try and get the rest of my downstairs clutter under the stairs, then have a serious look at decluttering the kitchen and outside. The front area really does need sweeping out as the people next door put indoor paint on their window ledge which predictably peeled after a week or two and blew into my area leaving huge flakes of paint.

No comments: