Saturday 23 February 2008

Telly Incredibility, Good Film and Miss Bettawear

It is early Sunday morning and I find it hard to believe that the telly people have sent a contract once, let alone twice. The second time was meant to be after 6pm last night, twelve hours ago and it is still not here. As for the first sending, if it had been sent to the wrong address, surely it would have bounced back? There is an increasing credibility gap here.

I have told Romy I shall wait until lunch time today, then ring them. My suspicions are definitely increasing that they have found some other mugs and are just keeping hold of us until the other people have signed.

Watched a very funny Coen brothers film on TV last night. Can't remember the title but it is a take on The Ladykillers set in the American South. Really very good and quite silly. Malvolio attacked me at 5am this morning and paced across me for some time, digging the odd claw in. I am now exhausted and have given in and got up.

Miss Bettawear rang last night. It seems the move went very well, but she has had to get rid of her antique furniture and is now living in the modern world, apart from her study where she keeps her old desk, and sits in there when she wants to be surrounded by antiques. My bedroom is my 'antique retreat'.

No comments: