Friday 1 February 2008

Telly and Flat

Ocado have been, I have bathed and the telly people have rung. Apparently the only difference from the Come Dine With Me programme is that the cooking people are a couple - could be husband and wife, relatives, colleagues, friends, whatever. As I am rather slowly cleaning the Augean stables I was a bit horrified to hear they want to interview both people in the house to make sure there is enough room to film etc. They are coming around next Friday at mid day so whoever is helping me has to be here.

By a huge stroke of good fortune my neighbour's cleaner happened to be here today, so I have pressganged her into a major cleaning and tidying effort which will happen next Tuesday, so I will have to take a day's annual leave then. We were having a chat, and she may be available to come on some of the day trips to help with wheelchairs etc., but unfortunately not on the holidays, as she has lots of other little jobs. I think this is why we cannot find anyone to do this, as anyone who is at home either has young children, or works at various little jobs.

I am still desperately clinging to the idea that Romy may help me out with this one, but I may have to have a word with a couple of other people 'just in case'.

No comments: