Friday 1 February 2008

General Mess and TV Addiction

Having said it would take weeks, I suddenly see that the bud is starting to open on my amaryllis. I shall soon know the colour. I am surprised as it has been quite cold recently and is even colder this morning. I am trying to tidy the house a bit - a losing battle despite filling half a dozen black bags with old rubbish. I now have a wardrobe, two large chests, and a chest of drawers full of stuff I am undecided about.

I am trying to get into a monk-like frame of mind and tell myself that all I need in life is a small iron bed, a chair, a table and a chest in which to keep a couple of towels, a change of bedding, a spare blanket and a couple of changes of clothes. Maybe a kettle, a knife, fork and spoon, a cooking pan and a small cupboard with some food. Dream on, Bag Lady, and start thinking about cleaning all that silver you bought, now black and grimy.

I am now awaiting the arrival of Ocado before I bathe. There is nothing more irritating than having to get out of the bath to answer the door, telephone etc. My neighbour is just leaving the house for work. I am rather late getting up today because I was watching TV late last night and Malvolio only started attacking me at about 7.30am. I was watching Wife Swap, with Samantha Fox and Freddie Starr. Freddie Starr's wife got on very well with Sam's partner, but Sam and Freddie were a nightmare. Correction: Freddie was a nightmare. Sam for some reason was expecting him to be nice and funny, but he was really unpleasant and childish. Spoilt I suppose. Glad I am single.

No comments: