Friday 8 February 2008

Telly Stuff, Cava and Pad Thai

Talk about shameless! Romy and I met a nice telly person here. For some reason I was quite pleased that only one guy showed up. THEN he told us the twist - I have to have a guest staying overnight and give them breakfast in the morning. THEN he got out his camera and started filming us chatting.

It seems that there is no pay as such, but a food budget of I think £175 and a prize of he thinks, £1000 to the winner. It is going to be called something like House Guest. They are seeing about 20 sets of people, then someone else is choosing who will participate, which may happen on 18th, then filming from 25th onwards. We wandered around the flat being filmed and I was totally gobby, while uncharacteristically, Romy was a bit quiet and guarded. I think the camera took her by surprise even more than me. Also she is very discreet, which can hardly be said of moi.

Anyway I hardly stopped talking and being filmed - 'showing off' my mother would have called it - until he rushed out of the house. I thought we had seen him off a bit, but Romy felt we would definitely be picked. Another thing, he suggested that we might think about some 'entertainment' during the course of the evening. We thought about several parlour games which might be good, then about a young singer who we knew who might just be willing to put in an appearance and sing a couple of songs. We shall see.

Aaaaanyway, at the end of all this we both fell into the Lye Torng, knocking back a couple of cavas, then we tucked into a pad thai. We came back to Bag Lady Towers for coffee and chatted about possible menus, clothes, etc. etc.

No comments: