Tuesday 26 February 2008

On and On and On and On Ad Nauseam............

Well, it just runs and runs! We finally told telly people we would not take part. Silence for a while. Then a sudden email agreeing to our very reasonable demands, and ten minutes later I was off to my first dinner at a stranger's house in a telly limousine. Half way there I had a garbled phone call saying there was a 'tiny alteration' to which I foolishly agreed, before putting the phone down when I realised they had taken back their previous agreement. Romy was occupied with more serious business. I suppose I could have demanded to be taken home, but decided to carry on and talk to Romy later. After all, we had signed nothing.

Met the other diners and had a very good, if rather cheffy meal. Fortunately everyone was very pleasant and got on well. I have to say the food made my cooking look like school dinners, in a bad way.

I have just finished the soda bread and am lunching with Romy who is very busy today.

No comments: