Wednesday 4 February 2009

Icy Pavements


Crawled to the end of the street like a crab this morning, and the same in reverse tonight. Ice all over the pavements in small streets like ours. Not looking forward to Roxy's funeral tomorrow.

Romy was ploughing through lists for our outings this year. Today she booked a four hour rail trip with lunch. There is already a theatre trip, and we are hoping to book an overnighter to France, also a trip on the Thames. Romy is off to Spain next week for a well earned break.

I am so glad I bought a couple of cashmere sweaters - these are fabulously warm in this very cold weather. My ex rang twice today: first with a question about his mobile, and secondly to suggest he call around. I explained that I was at work, and worked most days, but I think I will have to write. He does not seem to quite grasp how busy I am and how much my spare time means to me - I seem to be getting busier all the time with the art, the Friday lunch club and now, the Dinner Club.

Was trying to put an image (above) on Twitter, but it has refused this. Such a pain.

No comments: