Saturday 21 February 2009

Peppers Done Pro Tem


have persevered with the peppers, having had lunch at the Lye Torng and exhausted other activities.

They are a bit dull and formulaic, but never mind. Should have done a baby blue background. As it is I mixed up all the colours I had used (waste not, want not) added some blue, red and white which made a very dull purple. Having sworn to stop being a spendthrift I managed to spend £20 in the art shop on materials. However, some of these were brushes and a paint knife, so will last.

I may leave the peppers for a bit. Was thinking of either painting some lemons, or indeed any kitchen items. I do rather favour mother's old petit marmite from the fifties. I have all mother's ancient Le Creuset pots, some of which are covered in dodgy looking chips and dents, but all dating back to the days when people did real cooking.

No comments: