Tuesday 10 February 2009

Wednesday Morning Stuff

I have to say these self-portraits are rather depressing -still, I used to think they were awful even when I was much younger and better looking - the only thing is, at least I am 'having a go' at drawing again. I may try and find a few still life subjects. I have some gloves lying about and an umbrella - pity Malvolio is a black cat and a bit harder to draw than most, but shall persist, since he is my only model. Other cats, such as my old cats Fritz and Spitz, two gingers - one with long hair and one short, were good to draw, and despite being black, my cat Chub was excellent, being slim and very oriental with a good 'wedgy' face and bat ears. Malvolio would be very insulted by these comments. In fact he has just toddled out of the room. Maybe he can read...

I am still worrying about Dorothy's aunt - it may be that her recent episode is a reaction to some drug treatment, we are awaiting news on that. Meanwhile, I suppose she is in the best place, as they say, in hospital and being well looked after.

Dorothy unexpectedly rang me for a long chat about various things - the job situation is rather hairy - nothing to do there but wait - but Dorothy has come up with some plan or programme or something which has been praised highly by quite a few people and which might help the company in various ways, so depending upon how it is received at higher levels, might keep Dorothy in gainful employment. We shall see.

No comments: