Sunday 1 February 2009

White February

Woke up at 6am and looked outside. It has been snowing all night and is still snowing. Everything is covered in inches of snow. Apparently no buses will be running all day, so it may be difficult to get into work if they are not running tomorrow. Flights have been cancelled and there is general disruption. I do hope Dorothy and Julian managed to get back from their anniversary meal last night. They had gone to Arbutus to celebrate this.

Apparently it is the worst snowfall in London for 18 years. I am rather fond of looking at snow scenes, but venturing out is a different matter. I must see if I can find some boots. At least I have some warm gloves, scarves and hats, and at least three warm coats, two with furry linings. When it is light I shall go out and take some snaps of the snow.

No comments: