Monday 23 February 2009

First Cooking Pot



This is a bit vibrant - it was slightly turned and I have rounded the tiny handles a bit. The ground is actually darker than it appears in this snap. The real marmite is actually quite small - only about 7" high, but contains enough for at least two to three people. I don't know whether my mother bought this in the fifties when she bought most of her Le Creuset, or purchased it later, but it is a really cute little pot and quite unusual.

Tonight is the first SE1 dinner party. I do hope all will go well. Already, one of the diners is already unable to make the March party, though we had seven days to choose from, so will have to find a replacement diner. This should not be a problem as we have several 'spares' each month.

My face looks like a pizza and I can't think what to wear. I have yet to make the starter, which should be simple, probably the easiest thing.

No comments: