Saturday 1 March 2008

Done Up Like A Kipper

Home at last. Should not reveal any more about telly events, but in fact we haven't actually signed a contract yet. The last thing to happen is that Romy and I were told that there was going to be a public vote and that we should appeal to be voted for. This was as well as the votes of the contestants where we almost achieved the coveted wooden spoon. I may have to emigrate after the show airs, if it ever does. I realised shortly after the first dinner that I had been set up by tellyland, as all the other hosts or partners had catering experience, except one other. Still, it was good to show some straightforward home cooking. Also we were the only people to fly the flag for cava, champagne being the standard drink in the other households. I may however make some cava cocktails when I buy some Angustura bitters.

Suffice it to say I can hardly walk now, my left knee having worn out almost completely, and today I am recovering from three hours sleep.

Dorothy and Julian will come and see me for Mother's Day tomorrow when I hope to be slightly recovered, but I fear it will be some time before I am back to normal physically.

Had a long chat with Madeleine, who rang, eager for news, then fell asleep in the middle of the conversation.

No comments: