Saturday 11 December 2010

Bad News

Unbelievable. Gained either 2.5lb or 3lb (depending on where I stand the weighing machine!) since last week. Though I was hardly expecting to lose any weight, the gain is a very nasty surprise, particularly the day before an enforced five day stay in a hotel. Usually it is a good thing to lose weight in anticipation of Christmas, but I now suspect large gains will happen. Will just have to try harder. It really is hard to count calories in guessed quantities of food and unknown things. There will be more guessing next week. I shall just have to double the number of calories when guessing. The weather hasn't helped, either. Oh well, we shall see.

Was thinking of meeting my niece, but had totally forgotten that the hotel is adults only, and she said the journey would take an hour and a half with the children being difficult, so this plan was abandoned.

Pierre in Canada sent a very welcome cheque - as he said, rather depleted, as is the oil well from which it came, but nevertheless a very helpful contribution to Bag Lady's Christmas festivities.

Last night Julian and Dorothy collected Kooky and all his paraphernalia. I do hope he will behave himself rather better than he does at home. I have warned them to keep a hand on their head if he starts pacing around on their bed at 5am in case he attacks them. Actually I think they may be able to shut him out of their room, which is probably the safer option.

With a horrified fascination I watched the second? Bridget Jones film on TV last night. Dear me, apart from some funny bits it really is rather sickening. Or perhaps I am just old and a bit jaundiced. Yes, that's probably it.

No comments: