Saturday 18 December 2010

Christmess

Tremblingly, I slowly crept onto the scales this morning. Amazingly, despite a week away and much temptation, and even succumbing to one marvellous lemon tart; then coming back to a dinner party, I have actually lost weight. 3lb, which takes me back to my weight on 12 December. I now feel well prepared for Christmas. I most certainly will put on weight, but I know I can get rid of it, though hopefully, it won't be such a huge task.

I find I am in a frightful mess: I am washing clothes; I have bought and put up a Christmas tree; my shopping is arriving hopefully on Tuesday; my cleaner is coming on Thursday; hopefully, Madeleine will appear early on Christmas day if not before, when I can hand over her present and some more bits and pieces for that side of the family; I think I have sorted out my final Christmas cards; but, search though I may, I cannot find my cheque book. This is something I never normally need, but wanted to send cheques to my niece and nephew. I have accumulated presents for their children in the house but am too disorganised to go to the post office - in fact I have had several things for over a year which may have to find other recipients, so useless am I. But my missing cheque book is a bit of a nightmare, since I was relying on this to send the money. It looks as though the search will go on into the New Year. Fortunately Julian and Dorothy live close to me and will be here at Christmas. Dorothy tried to refuse a present for Christmas, but needs a new suit, so I shall pay for this. Apparently there is a cheaper price to be had for orders between Christmas and New Year. I expect Julian will allow me to contribute to something, too, so at least no problems there. What it is to be old and completely disorganised. Dear me.

No comments: