Sunday 5 December 2010

Food Glorious Food


Oh deary me, spoke too soon. Madeleine pitched up, followed by Dorothy and Julian and we sallied forth to the Ivy. I was quite restrained with two glasses of wine, a rather large grilled steak and some vegetables, but totally ruined everything by eating a lethal pud of honeycomb parfait covered in thick melted chocolate. Oh well. The Ivy was very smart and quite pleasant and the food was fine. But I am still being pressed to try Bob Bob Ricard which is apparently very good despite frightful reviews, and Pied a Terre. I am told I must try Joe Allen's which unaccountably, I have never been to. Bad grammar.

Antonia kindly sent red roses and some champagne today, and Madeleine brought Howard Jacobsen's prizewinning novel, as well as some pink hyacinths, so my living room is full of lovely flowers. A super birthday treat.

Now I shall have to reduce my food consumption over the next week and hope that I do not gain a vast amount of weight.

No comments: