Monday 27 December 2010

Monday All Day


Well, here I am, my kitchen lurking somewhere under huge piles of dirty dishes, food remainders and general chaos, my living room floor covered in the remains of glittering poppers.

Last night Julian and Dorothy arrived, cooked food and poured drinks. We half watched Slumdog Millionaire which Julian found rather cheesy. I think we may have had the traditional Christmas row later. It started when Julian expressed a wish to keep the Kook for a few more days when I had been looking forward to seeing him. Things became worse when I said I might obtain another cat to keep him company. This was generally disapproved of on financial and catfeeding grounds. Anyway disagreement rumbled on for a bit, Dorothy becoming rather heated about it, then they both went upstairs. I could hear a bit of clattering around in the kitchen, and assumed coffee or tea was being made, but noticed a rather sudden silence, preceded by slamming doors. On investigation, I discovered they had left. Dear me. Since it was past midnight I decided that the best thing was to get some sleep, so immediately went to bed.

Since they missed out on Liberty's sale yesterday, due to Sunday opening times, tube strike etc. I hope they manage to get there today. I got up late today and will probably spend the day clearing up the house a bit. And reading. And listening to Radio 4. Oh, and watching the soaps, sadly missed, tonight.

Again I have overindulged. When Dorothy and Julian arrived here, they had not eaten all day because they get up rather late. On the other hand, as a very early riser, by that time I have consumed nearly all of my allotted calories. So for two days I have doubled my calorie allowance.
The price of this overindulgence will be revealed on the scales next week. I truly deserve to be flung into Dante's third circle of hell, condemned to lie in revolting slush.

No comments: