Monday 20 December 2010

Falls

I found that it is hard to get boots off and on when going in and out of premises, so I decided to put the chains on a pair of shoes instead, which I shall carry in a bag and just change shoes when going outdoors, which should prove easier. We shall see.

Bad news from Romy in that our ice casualty has not only broken her arm, but also her leg. She had insisted on coming back with us, but fortunately we did get a car to take her to A & E on arrival. Unfortunately, people will slip on ice - Dorothy and Julian fell several times coming to see me last night. Yesterday a cab driver told me he had seen quite a few young people having falls on the ice. Trouble is, it is so much worse for elderly folk, with their brittle bones. Which is why I have been rather obsessive about using my 'chains' as a feeble oldie.

Julian is coming over tomorrow. I have been reprimanded for the state of my kitchen, filled as it is with Christmas clutter, so Julian will help me tidy up, to clear some surfaces for cooking.

At the SE1 dinner, quite a few people noticed my weight loss. Trouble is, they all thought I was ill! One of the problems with old age - no one assumes you are bothering to try and lose weight. Perhaps my makeup was rather pale.

No comments: