Tuesday 21 December 2010

No Kook Yet

My neighbours invited me up for a drink the other night. The baby had grown enormously. I hadn't seen him for a month or two so the growth seemed rather alarming. However, he did appear to be rather keen on the bear I had bought him. His parents think it is the red and white stripy scarf which catches his attention. They kindly gave me a present, and I gave them a Broon's 'Cooking with Bairns'. I don't think it has recipes about how to deep fry Mars Bars, hopefully. They will spend Christmas in Glasgow, so I hope the weather will be all right. They left yesterday.

Lunch at Lye Torng yesterday. Dorian and Louise were both fine. Dorian has abandoned plans to spend Christmas and New Year abroad, since the thought of lying around in cold airports for Christmas didn't hold much allure.

Kook is still residing with Julian and Dorothy. Apparently he is fine, but will reappear at Baglady Towers after Christmas. I have certainly had more sleep and less worry while he has been away, a bit of a Kook-free holiday, but am looking forward to getting the beast back. I suppose he does give me something to whinge about. Even the fishes are looking a bit lethargic. I have had to top up the pond with buckets of water since the hose froze over. I shall check that, and buy them some more food today.

No comments: