Thursday 9 December 2010

Thursday Evening

Feeling a bit sad tonight. Had a call from my ex, which demonstrated he had forgotten everything that was said and agreed when I met him a short while ago. He acknowledged having memory loss, and said he had recently been admitted to hospital with what could have been a fit or a mini stroke. He was confused about why no one wanted to know him. I now realise he has probably had dementia in a small way for some time and has become angry about things he is unable to recall or understand. Like his behaviour to people. He said he could not hear properly over the phone and will write to me. Again.

I feel quite helpless really. I do not really like him at all, but feel sad that he has been mentally ill all his life, managing to alienate everyone he has been close to, and now things are even worse for him.

Looking on the bright side I watched TV and was somewhat disconcerted to discover that Boy George and I have fancied the same men at some stage: namely Shaking Stevens and the young David Essex. Oh well. Boy George came over rather well on TV in this documentary about his early influences.

No comments: