Thursday 30 December 2010

More Gifts and Boring Body


Julian and Dorothy appeared last night, bearing gifts: a new telephone, which is hands-free and has a loudspeaker; and a docking device amplifier thingy for my ipod. Both were installed and both work. Marvellous. The telephone is a small orange thing and the docking thingy is small and cool, but with amazing amplification. I am so lucky.

Slightly amusing was a belated Christmas card I received, the enveloped addressed to me, but inside, 'to John, Rachel and the boys' - John being my ex, my second husband. I wonder if he received my card? Bit of an own goal by the sender.

My right kidney (at least, that is what I assume it is) has been giving me trouble since mid December. I shall have to force myself to visit the GP and try and wring some more antibiotics out of him. Last time this happened, investigations were negative on a scan, but I was prescribed long term antibiotics which cleared things up for a while. Seems I had a kidney infection which is no doubt revisiting me. Very tiresome.

No comments: