Thursday 9 December 2010

The Past and Present

I suppose that I feel sad to realise that only I will remember all the good things from the past with my ex: meeting in Paris, his last year at Oxford when we lived on a houseboat, Algeria in the early sixties where we lived in romantic poverty, and so on.

I should concentrate on the present, really. Talking of which, it seems there were major riots last night, threatening Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall's car, which was somewhat unwisely driven through the protesters who threw eggs and paint at it. I suppose they were finally at the cutting edge of something. Almost literally. Dear me. Enough to make one retreat to the past to remember some good times.

Work today, and our office lunch. I am rather dreading next week, especially since there is so much I haven't done for Christmas, and now will not have time to do. I shall have to send my presents off in the New Year, which is probably when they would arrive anyway with the postal problems.

No comments: