Tuesday 21 December 2010

Christmas Countdown


Chains on shoes, with a spare pair of normal shoes in a bag, is the answer. The only problem is deciding where to change in order to avoid slipping with the chained shoes on marble surfaces in shops. Ho hum. Fortunately we had a bit of a melt yesterday, which I hope will continue, though more snow is forecast.

Panic call from the Clerk of the charity sharing our office who had inadvertently locked himself out. Good thing I live nearby, so he cabbed it over and I lent him my key, for which he was very grateful. Such a nuisance, locking oneself out, and easily done.

I have continued to try and tidy up a bit. When Julian came over yesterday we found four more boxes of crackers in a cupboard, so left two there. I now have four boxes of crackers for this year, plus some for Madeleine who is popping over on Christmas Eve, so Christmas should go with a bang! That was feeble. Someone has kindly invited me for drinks later on Christmas Eve. If weather permits, I may well go.

Shopping arriving today. I may well do a little more locally later. The cleaner is coming tomorrow, fortunately. I have some present wrapping to do yet, but mainly I have to tidy up all my clothes. As usual, I have been buying too much, and they are lying in piles all over the place. Ditto with books. You can't give them away these days.

No comments: