Saturday 17 October 2009

Busy Saturday

Just packing my sixteenth case. The room is full of packing cases. I shall be so glad to get rid of them. My new commode which is shaped like a box is waiting for someone to carry it downstairs. My friends tell me it is actually an original 'thunderbox' which sounds rather alarming.

Bought a clock battery, four canvases, some more glucosamine (rather expensive, but despite some reports to the contrary it does seem to work very well) and had lunch (prawn Penang curry) at Lye Torng. Delicious. Am reading the Mighty Atom, by Marie Corelli which is quite gripping so far, though written in the usual overblown Victorian style. Plenty of references to Combe Martin (known as Combmartin then) and the Pack O'Cards.

I keep finding so much stuff! And I keep thinking of getting rid of more stuff. I only have a few boxes left. I think when I ask them to collect I will ask for a few more boxes to fill as I can see myself going on and on. How ridiculous for one person to have so much paraphernalia. The house still seems crammed full, despite my efforts.

No comments: