Thursday 8 October 2009

Surprise Encounter

Worky day yesterday. Things getting back to normal with Romy back from Spain, bearing gifts: the deeply wonderful Paladin chocolate drink and the even better 'Christmas in a glass' Dos Pasos which I shall treasure and open at Christmas.

A strange thing happened on the way out to lunch - we were walking down the street, Romy on the outside, when a cab suddenly stopped and the cabbie, seeing Romy, started singing a romantic song to her, finally grabbing her hand to kiss it, before driving off again. We were a little surprised. Romy was convinced that there was a secret camera somewhere and that it was being filmed. I told Romy it was her aura. We needed a tankard of champagne to recover our equilibrium.

Today I shall have my eyes tested and order some new specs. Next week we need to buy some raffle prizes for our music event the following week, have our annual report signed off and I have the day off on Wednesday for Roxy's memorial dinner. My flat is still a complete tip and I shall have to do more decluttering. It really is becoming ridiculous.

No comments: