Wednesday 14 October 2009

Wednesday Events

Came home from shopping and my cleaner was there. Seems she had a D & C at London Bridge Hospital, and when she came to, they had removed some haemorrhoids she had had for years which were not troubling her! Be careful when you sign forms! This explains why she is still not completely recovered from the op. Dear me, this would not have happened in an NHS hospital.

I have now packed seven boxes and it looks as though there is enough stuff for another seven at least. We shall see.

In a cab discussing Damien Hirst's new show at the Wallace Collection - a favourite place of mine - and the cabbie showed me a snap of a self portrait done by his daughter in the style of Rauschenberg - very impressive. Then he revealed that he has just written a novel - a crime mystery - and it may well get published. I said I wanted a signed copy and he promised this if I contacted the publishers when it came out. Gosh, the world is an exciting place!

Met Catriona and Kate at Sardo's. We had an excellent dinner and chatted about our legacies from Bren, and the old days at UCH. We were all agreed that we had left for better things and were much happier with our lot in life.

No comments: