Monday 12 October 2009

Tidying and Boxing


Could not get hold of Age Concern so rang the Trinity Hospice people in Walworth Road. They arrived with absolutely masses of flatpack boxes which they will take away when I fill them. The problem is, when I try to assemble the boxes there is nothing to keep them together, i.e. the bottom just doesn't fix so I shall have to purchase huge quantities of sellotape or something to fix them. However, while awaiting the delivery I managed to assemble a box of books and three jewel cases full of cheap silver and retro costume jewellery which I don't need any more. So I have made a start. Can't do much more without the sellotape.

Have found a way of kind of tucking them in. Sizzling chicken for lunch at Lye Torng with Bloody Mary. I have now packed two boxes - one with glass etc and one with other odds and ends. Saw my GP this morning and stocked up with masses of drugs - having read the possible side-effects, will put up with a spotty face and forego the Tetracycline I think. My packing seems to involve discovering things I didn't know I owned, sorting and throwing things away more than actually packing things up. Julian has gone to fetch me some milk from Tesco,which is kind, since I haven't managed to get that far today.

Another two boxes and a bag - proof above. Will carry on for the next couple of weeks or so.

No comments: