Sunday 18 October 2009

Pricey Wine, Awkward Encounter and New Specs

Rather funny. Just selected a bottle of Osborne 10RF Oloroso sherry for the raffle. Picked up a bottle of something with a nasty label which I thought might also do, then googled it. Called Forever, by Kirnbaum, 2003 turns out to cost £54 a bottle so may keep until Christmas!

Popped down to Specsavers to collect my new specs. Unfortunately our old caterer came in and started asking about the New Year party, saying she needed the work etc. I reminded her that I had said last year would be the last party, and I did rather wimp out at this point and said that Romy was generally organising the caterers. She was interested in going on the Turkey & Tinsel break. I said I would ask, but there were probably long queues on the waiting list, particularly since she wanted two places. I think she realised that it was unlikely she would be able to go.

Saw a good way to cook bacon on TV. Heat the oven to 200, then put the bacon slices on to a baking sheet, cover with another baking sheet and cook - they said 8 minutes I saw 15 - 20 depending on the bacon if you want it really crispy.

No comments: