Saturday 24 October 2009

It's the Weekend Again



'Land of Hope and Glory' with Kas.

Dorothy is always very busy, so just a brief lunch which was very pleasant. Asked Dorothy to ask Julian if they can catsit the week after next. Kooky will be fine in their flat for a few days having been an indoor cat for four years, and the wonderful new litter arrangement will help. It would mean I could go with Romy and the punters on the Turkey & Tinsel, which would make four helpers for two coachloads, which seems about right.

Must reserve an afternoon for my 'flu jab next week. Probably Thursday since I am busy on Tuesday, and probably Wednesday. We shall see.

I am still packing stuff up, but have fallen by the wayside a little, in that I have purchased some Royal memorabilia mugs, such as a mug designed by Laura Knight commemorating the George V1 coronation. My new rule will be that for each thing I buy, something has to go. I can't remember if it was Oscar Wilde or Ruskin who said something about only having things which you know to be useful or believe to be beautiful. Probably Oscar. I seem to remember he gave lectures on taste in America, much to everyone's amusement.

2 comments:

The Lady Miss Jo Jo said...

It was William Morris.

(Hello! Nice to meet you this summer, although I wish I'd had more of a chance to chat to you.)

bag lady said...

Thanks. Ditto re the chat.