Monday 26 October 2009

Vanity, etc.


Just wrote to the 'Dear Mavis' column in the Oldie with some advice for a foolish old dame contemplating eyelash extensions. Basically, don't. I had some done quite a few years ago when less overripe, but despite asking them to put shorter ones on, I ended up looking like Barbara Cartland with spiders around my eyes. I had to wear sunglasses for a week. These are definitely for drag queens or young women.

These days I just use mascara which dries very quickly so you can layer it a bit and thicken the sparse eyelashes that way. For the oldie, best use brown rather than black. Less obvious. I still recommend drag queen glasses in black with diamante from Opera Opera (as above). Though slightly Dame Edna, they are fun to wear to parties with a black dress.

No comments: