Friday 16 October 2009

First Thing Saturday Morning

I have now packed eleven boxes. I am now going through the kitchen and also, my clothes. I am finding it harder and harder to get rid of stuff, though there's still far too much of it all over the place. I shall have to be firmer with myself.

I have fallen by the wayside on the shopping front, having purchased both Bob Dylan's Christmas CD, which is supposed to be fairly appalling, and for that reason appeals to me greatly, and also Barbara Cartland's book on etiquette, because it is apparently quite amusing and may make an instructive Christmas present to someone. I shall read it first. At least they won't take up too much house space.

A weekend of more packing stretches out ahead, relieved by the arrival of Ocado on Sunday morning. I may purchase a couple of canvases this morning. On Tuesday there's a musical afternoon for the punters, preceded by lunch, and with a raffle. I have been folding tickets and taking the price labels off prizes. I may purchase a box of chocs as a prize. We are trying some new caterers, with a view to using them for our January party if they are any good. We shall see.

No comments: