Friday 30 October 2009

Pre-departure Panic

Family Britain is proving to be a bit of a hit. Having quotes from so many sources certainly brings history to life - so it is a bit of a page-turner. Definitely a good buy. I must not let it prevent me from getting ready to go away. I need to sort out the catfeeding note and putting the food and bowls handy, find a case and pack it etc etc trying not to leave the flat in a complete mess before I go.

Today, I shall tackle some washing, which will be a good start. I may also defrost the freezer. We shall see.

Hmm. Since the freezer door won't close decided to defrost it. But I have lost the instructions and the top drawer is frozen solid and iced up. So I turned it all off and am hoping for the best. Propped door open and taken two drawers out. What a ghastly mess it is. Have managed to get the top drawer out and put some towels inside to start soaking up the water. Now finished and turned on again. Had some excellent chicken soup from it. There's a huge thing of prawns which I shall cook tomorrow with butter, garlic and onions and maybe some tomato puree before refreezing.

No comments: