Wednesday 28 October 2009

'Flu Jab Day

'One of those days' at work. Several odd calls including one from the Charity Commission whingeing about not having received our Annual Report which is not due until the end of the month and which we emailed on 21st - they are both hopelessly inefficient and excessively bureaucratic. Romy forwarded them yet another copy. I was glad to leave early to have my 'flu jab. Surprisingly no long queues in the surgery. A history 'lite' book arrived today. Family Britain 1951-1957 by David Kynaston. Not normally interested in history, but this is peppered with commentary by ordinary and well-known figures of the times. It's a couple of inches thick, so will keep me quiet for a while.

Romy thinks my Midwinter 'riverside' design china is vile. She prefers the rather jazzy Zambesi design we had at home, but it costs a lot and is very hard to find now. I remember also rather loathing the riverside, but I do love the 'fashion' shape, and have grown rather fonder of riverside recently. It looks very good on my white table. I suspect it would also look good on a brown linen cloth. We shall see.

No comments: