Sunday 11 October 2009

Much Too Much

Dear me. Madeleine rang to give me an important number. Unfortunately I was downstairs where I dont have anything to write things on and it would have taken me ages to get upstairs so I wrote it on a scrap of paper which I have now managed to lose. Hopeless.

Looking around the flat at all the things I have bought makes me realise I need help. I found a snap of my bedroom the other day looking really nice, and could not quite understand why until I saw there was absolutely no clutter whatsoever. What I should do is get rid of almost everything, just keeping a few paintings and things of value. Trouble is, the rest isn't all absolute rubbish. I am thinking of my green uranium glass, most of my paperweights and stuff like that. I also have far too much stuff crammed into cupboards: candlesticks, perfumed candles and other bric a brac.

I have too many hats, mostly pretty daft fifties ones, bags, shoes, etc as well - all dating from mad obsessions with various things leading to overexpenditure at Ebay, etc. I have managed to rein back any further purchases of bedding, having enough for a decent sized house rather than a two bedroomed flat, but towels are still creeping in. Tablecloths are too much again.

Even the kitchen is overflowing - so much food it has to be kept on the work surfaces. I have become a squirrel, obsessively acquiring stuff and storing it. I have only just managed to start throwing away the millions of catalogues and junk mail without opening it all.

I need someone with lots of boxes and a large van to take it all away and chuck/sell/donate to Oxfam or whatever. I would also need plenty of helpers to help pack it all up.

Then I need to stop purchasing stuff - I am in definite danger here.

No comments: