Monday 19 October 2009

Monday Morning

On regoogling, that wine seems only to be found in Switzerland, from £54 to £77 per bottle depending on where you buy it. Definitely Christmas wine.

Have now packed 18 cases. Will ring the people up as the cases are taking over the flat. May ask them to bring a few more. Can't find either of my two duvets, or a hairdryer, which shows how full the place still is.

Read in several places lately that afternoon tea is coming back into fashion - about a year after I was obsessed with the idea. Well, I have the apparatus, but most people I know prefer coffee, don't like cakes, and invitations not involving copious quantities of booze are unlikely to be accepted.

Last year I bought a fake tree covered in fake snow. This was bought in the January sales. The idea was to have Christmas tree without baubles, covered in lights and maybe a star or fairy at the top. I think I will stick with this idea. Just one or two lights in my snowball glass things in the room and bits of silver here and there. I shall need a very large set of tiny white lights. I am not sure about having lights though. We shall see.

No comments: