Friday 23 December 2011

Friday 23 December

Found out recently that Romy and the Trustees are planning a dinner for me at Lye Torng in January which will be fun. I do hope a fight doesn't break out, or do I? It could be quite exciting, I suppose.

Marks & Spencers, where I was quite restrained, just purchasing a paper, some onions and garlic, but forgot the lemons. Large queues of people in front of me at the tills having purchased the rest of the stock.

The Nigel cake thingy I made was quite delicious. I have frozen it in individual slices, but have succumbed and defrosted three slices to eat with coffee so far. Basically it is a shallow sponge, but only 80g plain flour and 150g ground almonds, a couple of eggs, sugar and butter. When mixed, you drop in 100g of marzipan chopped into little squares. Line sponge tins with parchment and drop the mixture in. Drop blueberries and raspberries and a bit of sugar, almond slivers and currants if you like over the top and bake at 180 for about 35 minutes. Remove and let them go cold. To serve sprinkle the top with icing sugar. Delicious, unfortunately. Must remember not to make again.

As you will gather the diet has vanished, I hope temporarily. I keep trying to fool my metabolism by having a 650 calorie day twice a week. Unfortunately I am having a 2000 calorie day seven days a week. Oh dear. Look like a giant sausage in my 'shapewear'.

Another Christmas tree related incident: I was trying to hang more chandelier crystals on this, when I heard the distinct dripping of fluid behind me, and on turning, realised that my fat backside had connected with some sticks from a lavender reed diffuser stupidly placed on a low table, and which had fallen over. The floor and curtains were now covered in lavender liquid, which I rushed to mop up before placing the diffuser on a high surface in another room.

It may be that relatives will call in on 29th which will be quite exciting. Otherwise I shall continue with the last few bits of shopping, silver cleaning, and trying to tidy up a bit before Christmas. May buy some more meat and stuff to put in the freezer, cannot live on cake alone.

No comments: