Saturday 17 December 2011

SE1 Dinner

was great fun last night. A select 15 of us there, which made it easier to chat with people. Had far too much to eat and drink, which I shall pay for. I gave Alice some cute little slippers for her 60th birthday, and a miniature alarm clock because she is still working. She said she was worried that I would not be able to afford to come to things like the SE1 dinner when I am only receiving a state pension, and that my lack of money would really hit me in January. I thanked her for reminding me of my impending poverty, but declared that I should somehow manage to exist, along with many thousands of people who receive no more than a state pension. I am constantly surprised by Alice.

I think Dorothy has fixed my email because I had lots of emails in my box. Unfortunately the bad news was that not only are my upstairs neighbours having their drinks party in the afternoon,when I am meeting Dorothy, but also they have invited my nasty neighbour. Actually, apparently they haven't, they mentioned someone with the same name, phew. I may pop up later then.

No comments: