Friday 13 January 2012

Fond Farewell

Dinner at Lye Torng last night with all the Trustees, Romy's husband and my successor. Everyone was so kind and I felt totally inadequate. Not used to being the centre of attention. They presented me with a vast and elegant bouquet, a book on historic English Food by Clarissa Dickson Wright, and a much appreciated bottle of gin. My weaknesses nailed.

This morning I woke early and determinedly rang the tax office and my pension providers, both state and NHS, which took around three hours to get some answers. The tax people now tell me they will change my tax code asap so from April things should improve. Rang Nibby and sorted out tickets to the David Hockney for March.

An email arrived from my old friend David who is busily painting away, and hope we might meet to catch up soon.

No comments: