Tuesday 10 January 2012

Tuesday

Saw Easter eggs for sale the other day. Lunch with Ken and Romy today - Romy has kindly given me another bottle of PX which will considerably brighten my retirement. I shall consume this while continuing to read my Fat Duck book. Had a virtuous lunch purchased by Romy, of smoked salmon and prawn salad.

I only spent £2 today: £1 on a newspaper and £1 on some low fat mayonnaise. I wish I could do this every day. My previous two days have been quite appalling. I cannot bring myself to say how much I spent, but I had an Ocado delivery one day and bought some M & S Fuller Longer meals the next day. These work out to £3 each which isn't too bad though they are not as good as home cooking of course, even my cooking. Handy to keep a couple in the fridge just in case, though.

Made another fruit jelly with raspberries. I am wondering whether, if I replaced some of the water, after it has set a bit, with cold custard (cream would curdle) and whizzed it in the Magimix it would make a kind of mousse on resetting. May try it. We shall see.

No comments: