Wednesday 20 October 2010

Cat Litter, Tesco and Big Society

Oh dear. I was hoping to stick to Sainsbury's for groceries, but they don't do my smart pack of Catsan, which has now become essential because Kook is staying in at night. Ocado do, of course, who I must avoid for as long as possible, since they have offered me no incentives whatsoever to return, and guess who else? the accursed Tesco. I shall now have to put up with Tesco's inefficiency for at least one order, when I will stock up on my cat litter. Incidentally, Kook has not bitten me for a couple of days. I have purchased his favourite catnip drops which may have some bearing on the matter.

Those Southwark Circle people, part of Participle, on radio 4 this morning. Seems they are trying to replace the welfare state by encouraging self help among the elderly poor. The Big Society in action. Dear me.

No comments: