Friday 8 October 2010

Diseases and Online Grocery Shopping

Still alive today, so the jab must have been OK.

Tesco's have rung to say they won't be here with the groceries until 11.30. Ridiculous since they had a two hour envelope (9 to 11) in which to manage this. More bad marks for Tesco who, it seems, are crying all the way to the bank, the bastards. I shall return to Sainsbury's next time, as I am still punishing Ocado for their lack of marketing incentives aimed at me.

Seems that people with ME are banned for life from blood donation. Seems that there is a poorly understood connection with a retrovirus in victims of this disease. There are only three known retroviruses, the best known of which is HIV. This was being discussed on Radio 4 this morning. All rather worrying for ME sufferers I imagine. Good to hear that anti Alzheimer's drugs are now available for early sufferers. I shall be first in the queue.

I have sunk to reading my first Jilly Cooper, called Jump. Full of unpleasant characters so far. We shall see.

No comments: