Saturday 23 October 2010

Rude Awakening and Lost Weight

When Kook seems to get bored with mewing loudly to try and wake me up, he seems to rush up and down stairs really fast, then over the bed, leaping about and howling loudly. I vainly thought this was another attention-seeking behaviour. Well, it was in a way, but now I know this is the signal that he is dying for a poo - which has been deposited in his tray by the time I have been roused by an appalling smell. He is like a dog, and never covers it up. I sometimes think he is not entirely stupid. The swine.

Despite a week spent struggling not to eat everything I saw, I suspect not entirely unrelated to the cold weather, I have managed to lose two and a half pounds. Am now fifteen and a half stone. I would like to be under fifteen stone by my birthday in early December. My danger point after this and before Christmas will be the Turkey & Tinsel break in Thoresby Hall in December - four whole days of probably quite decent, and substantial, hotel food. My only way out is to drink buckets of water and not hang around in the restaurant for too long. Breakfast is always the biggest challenge. Oh well. Eating out is never so bad so long as I can find a steak or a large piece of fish with a salad.

No comments: