Friday 29 October 2010

Ida Barr, Kook and Quiet Birthday Dinner

My Mondays and Fridays are being eaten up by hospital appointments etc.

Yesterday Romy and I went to Deptford Albany to watch Ida Barr and many others in the afternoon. This was a recce for a possible pensioner venue. The verdict was generally favourable, despite poor Romy being pursued by more than one very elderly lounge lizard.

I am still seriously considering a chat with Celia Hammond about the acquisition of another feline. It would have to be a tabby female, and not either aggressive or desperately timid. Sedate, I think, is the word I am seeking.

Another 5am awakening. I think I will have to feed Kook much later in the evening. That might help.

I was trying to find a suitable place for dinner on my birthday in December. Year after year it gets worse, with every restaurant full of noisy and uncouth office parties. Madeleine suggested somewhere where they only take up to six diners, if we can get a table, which sounds a good way to avoid too much surrounding chaos. I shall ring them today. If not, Dorothy has suggested some place called Bob Bob Ricard which has had terrible reviews but the decor is excellent. Hmmm. We shall see.

No comments: