Tuesday 26 October 2010

Nasty Reflection, Nasty Kook and Esoteric Handbook

Dear me, look even bigger than yesterday in my new mirrored screen. Quel cauchemar.

This morning I had scrambled eggs on toast with mushrooms. Followed by a clementine and a small apple. Oh, and some coffee with milk. Must stop until lunch time.

Had a text (followed by a text conversation) from Madeleine suggesting I might like to board a cat for a few weeks. Since Kook is being rather vile, and even worse today, having bitten me twice and been banished to the kitchen, I am inclined to give him another cat to bite for a change. I have warned Madeleine about his nasty nature. My other thought is that Kook may be bored and may benefit from the presence of another mature cat. It belongs to my niece whose house burned down and who is currently staying with Madeleine. Madeleine's hospitality does not however extend to the cat. Understandably, she doesn't fancy having a cat tray in the house, and has no catflap. Having said that, a cat would need to be very large and muscular to get through my catflap. Even Kook calls me to let him in and out rather than use it. We shall see. Kook's previous owner told me that he is fine with other cats. I should coco.

I am currently engaged in reading a self-improvement manual (my first) called 'The Power of Now' by the improbably named Eckhart Tolle. Hmmmm. I shall become a Scientologist next. Not.

No comments: