Saturday 23 October 2010

No More Cheap Veggies and Still Broken Dishwasher

Awoke betimes (5.30am to be precise) this morning to more Kooky torment. I am so soft with him, I'm mushy peas. Oh well.

Last day of the farmer's market - not enough customers. Purchased a huge bunch of carrots with tops, also edible, a punnet of raspberries and a pound of russets for £2.45 the lot. People are obviously a bit slow on the uptake around here, or they don't recognise anything that's not in a can as food. Met one of the punters who said he couldn't attend the Turkey & Tinsel break at Thoresby Hall because he'd be on his Caribbean cruise - most annoyed because he has to fly to Barbados first rather than cruising from Southampton. My heart bleeds.

Naughty lunch of green chicken curry at Lye Torng. BUT, only ate a tablespoon of rice and picked the chicken and veg out, leaving the sauce, so not too bad, but had the flavour at least.

Now back home, I shall do some washing and some washing up. I must phone the Bosch people since my washing up is not very good, compared with the dishwasher. Need to tidy up quite a lot, too.

No comments: