Sunday 17 October 2010

Internet Deprivation

Been without internet and home phone for a couple of days. Now connected to O2 fortunately.

My ex husband rang to say he had some money for his sister, so knowing I would meet her today, I agreed to relieve him of it. However when I rang her she denied that he owed her any money. Turns out the whole thing was my fault as I had thought she had loaned him money many years ago which he had not repaid. Seems that she was complaining about his asking for money, but she never actually coughed up. So he has saved himself a few hundred. However, I was stuck with meeting him, and having basically nothing to say, regaled him with the misdeeds of some of his extended family, so some sheep were even blacker (morally speaking) than he. Turns out he has had quite a stroke of good fortune financially, and may move abroad to live, which I thought was rather a good idea.

Today I met Madeleine for lunch at Livebait. It was quite good, but rather calorific. I hope my only misdeed as I only lost 1lb this week. We shall see. Kooky has bitten me twice in the last couple of days. I don't know how funny he will find it when I shut him in the kitchen for the night.

No comments: