Friday 8 October 2010

Tiresome Tesco, Cross Old Bat, and Books

I see that I have been far too exercised about Tesco. Not good for the blood pressure. Henceforth I shall ignore them and stick to Sainsbury and Ocado. I am definitely becoming a grumpy old woman.

Not sure about Jilly Cooper. Her books are full of detail, with a great emphasis on good looks, clothes, sexual attraction, financial gossip and of course, horses. I don't mind the horse bit. As well as a great deal of sentimentality and bitchy gossip, all the people seem so dim. Oh well, I'm one to talk. At least lots of people must read her books, which make her lots of money. I now have a very large, heavy book to give away. I expect someone will really enjoy it.

I have purchased something completely different called 'Eat Pray Love' which I shall try and force myself to read. I can't imagine why I bought it, but we shall see.

No comments: