Thursday 7 October 2010

Overexcited

A Scotts of Stow catalogue arrived. On the back was something I have been seeking for years: a smallish console table, which opens out to a table for four, then with two added panels makes a table for six or eight. What a fabulous idea for a flat like mine.
I seriously considered purchasing this wonderful item. Then I thought that I already have a longish and narrow table which will seat four, a swap I made with Romy, and which has been painted white - fits into the room well.

I have always had a fantasy about having masses of visitors around for meals, requiring plenty of space around the table. However, my dinner party days are well over and I only need space for two to four at the table once a year, at Christmas, when Dorothy and Julian come around.

I really don't like facing this gloomy reality, but my control of financial incontinence will save me just under £450 on this occasion, though I shall continue to lust after this useless item and dream of inviting masses of people around for dinner or buffets on a Sunday. But it would certainly be a good buy for Madeleine, with her frequent family visitors, or anyone else who has masses of visitors in a tiny flat.

No comments: