Friday 1 October 2010

Finished The Stray Sod Country

This morning, I finished the book. I knew it would be dark, and it is. Very good though.

Kook is absolutely back to normal. Mewing loudly at 5.30am, and I can't bring myself to lock him in the kitchen, so I just go to bed much earlier.

It has been pouring with rain all day, and is quite cold so I stayed in. A card was left in the hall written by my neighbour. There was a black and white photo of a sleeping infant in a babygro. His first name is Robert, and the card was to thank me for the flowers and express the hope that his crying is not disturbing me. I have hardly heard a peep, actually.

Although I did not think I was overeating, a sneaky jump on the scales seem to show I have put on a pound. Still, I shall resist this weighing now until Sunday morning, and just keep an eye on things. I have to say I am thinking more about food in this chilly weather. Must drink mugs of Marmite, which should help a lot.

Tonight Kooky bit my leg before I fed him, so I made him wait longer.

No comments: